Thursday, April 7, 2011

Avery is 1 Month old!

I can't believe Avery is already one month old. Having two children under the age of two has been exhausting at times, but very rewarding. Avery is such a blessing and is growing so much already. I remember thinking, how am I going to love someone as much as I love Sage. As soon as I had her in my arms I knew it was possible. Both children have a piece of my heart and I love them more than they will ever know! Here are some things that I want to remember about this time and share with you:


After 5 days of heel pricks and screaming at the doctor office to get her blood, she got cleared of all her jaundice! No more phototherepy!! We get to hold her now!


I tried hard to breast feed. As with Sage we had to start supplementing because my supply was not enough for her. We finally got her back up to her birth weight at three and a half weeks. I was breast feeding for about 20 minutes, bottle feeding formula for 15 minutes, and then pumping for 20 minutes. This hour long process just did not work for our family. I was not able to spend any time with Sage. So, we decided as a family to start formula exclusively. She is doing amazing well after this change. She sleeps better and poops better now.:)


Avery's Schedule is more or less as follows give or take thirty minutes

4 oz. bottle of similac sensative formula at

7:00am 10:30am 2:00pm 5:30pm 8:45pm 4:30am


We get you down around 9:45 for bedtime. This gives me a long stretch at night to sleep!! THANK YOU!!


One of my favorite times of day is in the morning when I'm feeding Avery and Sage is laying next to me drinking his morning milk watching cartoons. We are all laying on my bed. Sage puts his head right on me, he wants to be as close to me as Avery is!


During the day Avery loves to look out the windows in our living room, be held, and sit in this big bean bag we have in Sage's room.


She is awake after she eats for at least an hour, sometimes more. Just looking around, not really focusing on anything yet. I have seen a few smiles but they are just random. I can't wait for a real smile to come!


Her hair looks like it is turning lighter and maybe has a red tint to it like mine! Her eyes are getting more blue. Not like her brothers hair and eyes but closer than what we thought when she was firt born.


She is still in Newborn clothes and diapers for now and weighed 7 lbs. 12 oz. a week ago.


We just love Avery and even though it is tough sometimes with two children under two years old, I wouldn't change it for the world! Avery and Sage are a true miracle from the Lord and I thank Him everyday for trusting me to be their mother on this Earth. I am blessed! I can't wait to see what the future holds for both of them.


Some 1 month pictures! Hard to get her to look and smile at this age!



I'm sure I will see this look again when she is a teenager!


OK, I'm done trying to get her to look at me. Maybe month two will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment