Friday, April 17, 2009

Big Baby to Come!!

Well today Ryan and I went to visit Dr. Castillo for an ultrasound and my first check "down there." The ultrasound tech estimated that Sage is 7 lbs 4oz. already! That scares me a little since I do have four more weeks yet. My stomach is measuring fine...just a big baby! I was told Sage was measuring about a week early right now. Dr. Castillo informed me that I was about 50% effaced and not really dialated yet. She just told me to walk 4-5 times a week and lay off the carbs and sweets. If at all possible I don't want to have an induction or a c section, but if he is HUGE I don't want that either. I am following suggestions and we will see where we are next Thursday at our next appt. She says we will do another ultrasound about a week out from the due date (if I make it that far) to see the size of Sage again.

I am feeling great, just tired and achy at times. I have a lot of baby and wedding showers in the next few weeks so we will see if I make them all! :) Here are two 3d pictures they took of Sage today. I can't wait to see him in person!
His arm is in his face a little on the first one.

His umbilical cord is up by his face in this one. He is just so squished in there!

3 comments:

  1. YEAH!! I love the new pics. I can't wait to see you in ONE WEEK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO exciting! Being checked is never fun but it does let you know that you are getting close to the end. I can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keri - I totally welled up seeing those pictures of Sage. I feel like we (Jen B, Jenni Larson, you and I) were just kids running around the neighborhood just a few years ago. I can't believe that you and Jenni are going to have your own babies! I miss you and love you a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete