Monday, May 14, 2012

SURPRISE!

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!
If you read my post before this one, I mentioned that Ryan and I were going on a trip to Cabo for my 30th birthday.  No kids, just the two of us, for a WHOLE week!.  Sounded wonderful right, well...SUPRISE!
Ryan surpassed me with four of my best friends and their husbands at the airport!!  
The McGraws, The Spears, The Kerckhoffs, and The Flacks joined us in Cabo all week!!
I was so stunned I cried when I saw them all with their happy birthday signs and luggage!  I could not believe they kept this a surprise for SO long.  And my friend from college, Jen, and her husband were there!! Ryan out did himself on this trip!!  Here are lots of pictures from our amazing trip! 
Thank you all for making this such a special, unforgettable trip!!! Thank you for taking care of all the planning that was involved.  Between all of us there were 10 kids left behind with grandparents, many jobs had to be covered, and daily ins and outs that had to be canceled or changed.  LOTS of planning for little old me, and I didn't have to do ANY of it! :)   
You are all like family to me and I love you!
My BIG surprise at the airport!
The Boys
by the pool
The Girls minus Tiff, she had to leave early :( 
My sister in law, Suzanne, surprised me on Saturday!!  So cool!
 Our favorite Sunset cruise!!!
My brother couldn't make it so Suzanne brought her friend Kellli! We all had a great time, thanks a lot to the margaritas!

All 12 of US!!
BFFs, Danny and Ryan
Jen, Tiffany and I
BFFs!!
Did I mention Mike broke his toe on the first night we were there, playing soccer.  OUCH!!! So, our first full day he was at the hospital. 
The Spears
We live a few hosues down and our kids are in the same class at MDO.  They have twins Luke and Emily. Tiffany and I met when the kids were only 6 months old and we have been good friends ever since.  Its so great to have someone living so close that you can run with, veg out with, and just call up and say "The kids are driving me crazy, we are coming over!!" Tiffany and I are in two bible study groups together and can tell each other anything, good or bad.   I LOVE you Tiff! 
Suzanne and me

Suzanne's friend Kelli had her birthday while we were there too!  Even more to celebrate!!
Cabo moonlight!
Ice shots!  At El Darado they make shots glsses from ice.  You take a shot and throw it at this big belll.  If you hit it, you get a free shot and a shot again at the bell.
Jen hit it twice this night!
Slide!
Our chefs!
We had a lot of these

and this!



The boys made their own ice shots at home

The girls on our last night
Ryan and I


The Flacks
Ryan and I met Jen and Brad at Fiathbridge, our Church.  We were in the same small group together and clicked instantly. They now lead our group and we are the best of friends!  They have a son Sages age and they are buddies too!  We love hanging out with them here and everywhere, they came with us to Colorado to ski in March and now have been to Cabo.  Traveling buddies! Love you guys
The McGraws. Jessica and I have been best friends for many years.  We  have grown up together.  Same Elementary, same jr high, and high school.  She has been there for me through the worst times in my life and the best! She started dating Danny around the same time Ryan and I started dating, then got engaged and married about the same time!  Now our husbands are best friends!  We both started a family the same year, 3 months apart and had our second child  5 months apart. Our boys, Colt and Sage, are best friends and Avery can't get enough of Lane!   Most weekends you will find us all together at one of our houses.  watching the kids play and enjoying eachothers company.  jessica is more like a sister to me than a friend.  I love her boys like they are my own and am so blessed to have friends like them.  Sage loves to say" Mommy's best friend is Jecca, Daddy's best friend is Danny Avery's best friend is baby Lane and my best friend is Colt.  We are ALL best friends!" and he is RIGHT!

Jen and Steve Kerckhoff.  I met Jen in college and we were instant friends!  Since my family was far away in Houston, we would go to her house in Tulsa and get some family loving from her amazing parents and brothers.  Jen has always been there for me.  We were roommates in college and knew each-other  so well.  Jen is such a loyal friend, she tell it how it is and loves you through it all. I'm sad we live so far apart and hope we get to travel together again soon! I was honored to be a part of her wedding to Steve last year and want to stay apart of their lives even though we don't live close. Hope to see you soon girl!
Our Last night! My favorite place to eat in Cabo, La Golindrina with my closest friends!  Missed you tiff and Mike.  wish you could have stayed!

The BEST birthday yet!! Thank you Ryan.  I LOVE you!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you documented your amazing Birthday trip! xo

    ReplyDelete