Friday, March 4, 2011

How will I ever be able to sleep?

Avery will be here in less than 12 hours!!
(If everything goes as planned)
Sage is at Ryan's parents house for the night and Ryan is having some drinks with friends from work. I'm here at the house just getting last minute things ready, packing the car, and trying to relax.

Some things that are going through my mind tonight are...

I can't wait to hold this precious blessing from God tomorrow!

I wonder what she will look like.

I wonder if the labor goes as smooth as Sage's did.

I wonder if my Mom will be able to be at the hospital when I have her (she is speaking at a HUGE convention tomorrow that has been planned for months. I'm so proud of her and know she will touch so many lives with her speech)

Can I love another child as much as I love Sage?

And the big question that has been bothering me all day...

Will Sage in some way feel neglected or feel ANY less loved than he does now? Is this fair to him? He has only had me to himself for a little under two years. Will I be able to give equal amounts of alone time to both children?

Mothers of two...Can you ease my mind a bit?

I can't wait to have Avery here and be a family of four! I love having a brother and sister of my own. I always wanted two children. This is something I have been waiting for, for as long as I can remember. This is giong to be an amazing challenge and blessing to Ryan and I. So why am I getting so nervous tonight?!?!

How will I ever be able to sleep tonight.....

1 comment:

  1. Keri, first of all I am sure you so are excited about tomorrow! I know the nights before my births I was so nervous :)
    As far as loving the new baby as much as sage, that will come so naturally! You will love both children equal but in different ways. Don't worry about it, its like second nature. Really!
    Secondly about sage accepting his new sister and not feeling neglected; my boys are exactly 2 years apart. So pretty similar to your situation. My oldest at first was a bit jealous and wanted to be held at the same time I was trying to feed baby, but after just a few days things were great! Brycen (my oldest) loved the little baby and wanted to 'hold' him and lay with him on the floor. It was also a natural adjustment. Just make sure to give sage his special time with mommy and have your hubby and parents pay lots of attention to him. I've also heard of getting the sibling a new toy or doll to help with the adjustment.
    Fast forward to today my boys are approx 4 yrs and 2 yrs old and they love eachother so much and really enjoy playing together! Siblings have a special bond :)
    Good luck tomorrow!!
    Everything will be fine, god will never give you more than he knows you can't handle.
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete