Sunday, June 5, 2011

Mimi's birthday

My mom's birhtday was on Friday. We planned a great night for her! She did not want a surprise party, so my cousin Lisa came up with the idea to have a progressive dinner. We started at her house with appetizers, then our house for the main course and my parents house for dessert. All of my mom's favorite foods!

My cousin has four kids, so we had 8 adults and 6 children all night. It was a little crazy but that made it so much fun! I'm going to forget the fact that I had to spank Sage and put him in time out twice, once for biting his cousin (really hard) and once for hitting Avery in the stomach. I think he is just trying to show off for his older cousins, but it needs to STOP.


At my house Carly and I presented my mom with a surprise powerpoint. For the last two months I have collected responses from all of her family and friends I could get a hold of. I asked them to finish this sentence

Kim Watson is.....

We also made her a scrapbook with all of the responses.

We got 125 responses and some of them brought us to tears. There was one underlying theme. My Mom is amazing and is loved by so many. She touches the lives of everyone she meets.

Here is what I wrote...

Kim Watson is my role model.
As a woman of faith,
she inspires me to never stop growing in my faith journey.
As a loving daughter,
she models how to always respect and love your parents.
As a supportive wife,
she shows how to stand by your husband and learn from each other.
As a motivating mother, she teaches me everyday.
And as an amazing Mimi,
she shows me how you can never love too much!
I am who I am today because of my role model, my friend, my Mom.
I love you!
Keri

We had such a great time celebrating that I didn't take many pictures at all. UHG! Here is what I got

One from Friday night. This is Sage giving Mimi his gifts


The next morning the kids played on my moms new playground and trampoline she got for her birthday!




My Mom did get something besides a playground from my Dad. A new car! Red BMW hard top convertible! Very pretty. I'll get some pictures soon.


And Swim time! Avery's first time in a bathing suit! She got in the water for about 45 seconds.



Sage jumping in! No fear!!



No, no pictures of me in the pool yet...SO not ready to get in a bathing suit.


HAPPY BIRHTDAY MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment