Monday, December 3, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like...

CHISTMAS!
 
December 1 is finally here, which means our NEW tradition of a North Pole Breakfast! Our Elf on the Shelf brought some goodies for the kids and they were excited to see him again. Sage named him Wubie last year (I have no idea where he got that) and this year Wubie brought a friend, The Christmas Angel!  So every morning we search for Wubie and then go to where our Christmas Angel sits and see what new word she has written in her magic angel dust.  Just like an angel came down to give Mary the very special message that she was going to have the Son of God, Our angel brings us a message each morning. The messages are one or two words and remind us what the true meaning of Christmas is.  Dont get me wrong, The Christmas Angel has a website and Facebook page which gives me great ideas for messages and follow up activities.  Love this new tradition.
 




 
Our first message was JOY! So, to spread joy and get ready for Jesus' birthday we decorated the upstairs kid tree!





 Then the next day Sage helped Ryan and I decorate the downstairs tree!
 

 
 
 
The other day Avery spent the day with my mom while I substituted at Sages school.  They did some arts and crafts!



I LOVE this time of year and I pray that my kids grow up learning the real meaning of Christmas and the JOY that it brings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment