Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Grams...now is the time

Wow... I received a package yesterday for Baby Sage. Little did I know that this would probably be the most memorable gift he has gotten. I opened the soft package and found two hand made blankets. One for Ryan and I and one for baby Sage. The baby blanket is blue with white lettering spelling out Sage. Cute, like every baby blanket you see. Then I saw the small handwritten note that would change everything. It wasn't written on fancy stationary. It didn't have a cute baby quote or picture on it like all the cards we have received so far. Just one short sentence. One that has touched me so deeply that I had to share. This is what the note said:

These were ordered some time ago: By Billie Marie with-"if and when"- now is the time.
Enjoy:
Jimmie

Jimmie was my Grandma's (Grams) neighbor. They lived next to eachother for many years. Jimmie has watched Brian, Carly, and I grow up. Grams died in 2007. Sometime before she passed she asked Jimmie to make baby blankets for her great grandchildren, whenever that may be.

I was overcome with emotions after reading the note. I felt as if Grams were right there watching me open the gift she had thought of so long ago. This baby blanket is not only from Jimmie but from her as well. Miss you Grams!!

Side note...Baby Sage did not cooporate with the 4D pictures. He was facing my back and he never turned around. We are going back Thursday to try it again!! I will post them when I get them!

6 comments:

  1. That is so special & something you will always remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a story!! Those blankets will be so memorable to you! I can't wait for Thursday to see your 4-D pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That is so neat!!!! I can't wait to meet baby Sage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool story! That is so special. And handmade blankets are always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That absolutely brings tears to my eyes - I love it!! Good luck tomorrow with the ultrasound repeat!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, please pass the kleenex....you had such a sweet, thoughtful grandma...she was such a joy to know

    ReplyDelete